At New Life, it’s not about membership, it’s about discipleship.
Discipleship is believing in Jesus and then following Him in our daily lives.
As we read the Bible, we find six essential practices for disciples.
1) Daily Prayer – Take time every day to intentionally be “one-on-one” with God, sharing with Him your concerns, seeking strength for your challenges, and thanking Him for your many blessings. This is the Creator of the universe listening and reaching out to you personally. How awesome is that! Click here to learn more.
2) Daily Bible
3) Weekly Worship – As the first thing you do each week, spend an hour giving God glory, publicly gathering with fellow believers to receive that spiritual booster shot sufficient for another seven days. In worship we gather together to take our place in the story of God’s people, to reach out to each other as together we reach out to God.
4) Proportionate Giving – In response to the eternal blessing of salvation and in proportion to the material blessings God grants in this life, we are called to give the first portion of our material blessings back to God. Jesus promised that where our treasure is, there will our heart be as well. It’s a way of keeping any “thing” from taking God’s place in your life.
5) Serving – Serve the One who gave you life by using your life to serve others. God creates each of us with a personal set of gifts and talents, and inspires each of us with different interests and passions. It’s meant to be used to God’s glory as we serve Him by serving others.
6) Inviting – We believe that if we have found meaning, purpose and peace through our faith in Jesus, then this is something we should share with others. You will actually feel the power of God’s Spirit speaking through you as you invite someone to “come and see” Jesus through worship or a small group ministry. Try it!